Pay type: Hourly Wage (Part-Time) with Sales Commissions
Competition number: 2021-002A
Reports to: Vice President, Operations
Direct Reports: None
About the Position
As a level 1 Technical Analyst you will be responsible for resolving tier 1 issues reported by clients, basic system
administration tasks for client infrastructure (including networks, workstations, and cloud systems), maintaining
client relationships, drafting sales proposals based on client needs, and supporting senior technicians.
Ameliorate Laboratories is a forward-thinking technology solutions provider. We offer clients all the benefits of a
fully staffed in-house I.T. department while maintaining the agility required to develop and deploy custom,
need-specific solutions. Technicians will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects including
telecommunications systems, enterprise networks, cloud services, device & directory management, and more. Our clients
exist in many sectors including retail, government, non-profit, industrial, and agriculture.
- Triage and resolve client reported issues (escalating as needed)
- Manage and maintain client infrastructure including user accounts, cloud systems, workstations, servers, networks,
- Migration of client systems from previous providers, legacy systems, etc.
- Maintain and grow client relationships
- Triage and follow-up on automated alerts
- Research and propose needs-based solutions
- Basic sales: Accept and process orders for standard/stocked products as needed
- Sales proposals: Work in partnership with senior staff to develop sales proposals for larger projects
- Liaise with clients and project leads during project execution
- Attend client locations as needed
- Complete monthly timesheet and billing records in a timely manner
- Other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education (diploma or degree) in a related field; or equivalent experience
- 2 years in I.T. support or technical sales
- Experience with Microsoft 365, Azure AD, and Endpoint Manager (formerly Intune) is considered an asset
- One of: CompTIA A+, Network+, or Security+ is desired
- Must be able to complete physically demanding tasks including lifting (up to 50lbs), bending, crawling, twisting,
- Must be willing and able to work at heights (up to approximately 90ft). Climbing training/certification and PPE
- Must obtain all required workplace health & safety and accessibility training (provided)
- Must have minimum Manitoba Class 5 Intermediate drivers license (or equivalent) and access to a reliable vehicle
Salary and Benefits
Ameliorate Laboratories offers a competitive wage and benefits package. We also offer health club, internet, and cell
phone allowances to remote workers.
This position qualifies for sales-based commissions in addition to the hourly wage.
Interested candidates should submit, in confidence, their cover letter (including competition number) and resume to
[email protected]. We thank all applicants, however only those selected
for an interview will be contacted.
This position is open until filled or cancelled.
Questions or requests for additional information may be sent to