Pay type: Hourly Wage (Part-Time - 30hrs/wk)
Employment type: Six Month Term
Competition number: 2021-001A
Reports to: Vice President, Operations
Direct Reports: None
About the Position
As a Cybersecurity Intern you will be responsible for developing and deploying security controls, procedures,
policies, and guidelines for our own internal use, as well as for clients. Our goal is for the successful candidate to
work alongside our clients and internal team to develop training programs that can be used to elevate the security
position of clients, regardless of their level of technical literacy. You will be responsible for evaluating,
comparing, and recommending training platforms and solutions to senior staff, as well as developing deployment plans.
Areas you can expect to experience include physical security, disaster recovery, backup solutions, user training,
client relations, business process integration, and more.
This internship qualifies for continued learning. You will be eligible to study for and challenge a number of
security-focused courses (noted below). This allows you to obtain additional industry recognized credentials while
gaining real-world experience.
Ameliorate Laboratories is a forward-thinking technology solutions provider. We offer clients all the benefits of a
fully staffed in-house I.T. department while maintaining the agility required to develop and deploy custom,
need-specific solutions. Technicians will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects including
telecommunications systems, enterprise networks, cloud services, device & directory management, and more. Our clients
exist in many sectors including retail, government, non-profit, industrial, and agriculture.
- Compile documentation to develop and enhance internal security controls and procedures
- Compile documentation to develop and deploy security controls, policies, and procedures for client environments
- Complete one of EC-Council micro-certifications: Certified Ethical Hacker, Certified Incident Handler, Certified
Network Defender, Certified Penetration Testing Professional, Certified SOC Analyst, or Certified Threat
Intelligence Analyst (training provided)
- Evaluate cybersecurity applications and services for internal and client use. Provide a matrix/summary when possible,
detailing features, benefits, and advantages of each service
- Develop supplementary materials for client security awareness training
- Maintain a security-focused web presence for Ameliorate Labs including analysis of emerging threats, recent industry
developments, security tips, marketing efforts, etc.
- Respond to suspected breaches in partnership with senior staff as needed
- Attend client locations as needed
- Complete monthly timesheet and billing records in a timely manner
- Other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary graduate in a related field. Equivalent experience will not be assessed for this
position due to funding requirements
- Experience with Microsoft 365, Azure AD, and other Microsoft security-focused tools is considered an asset
- Must obtain all required workplace health & safety and accessibility training (provided)
- Must have minimum Manitoba Class 5 Intermediate drivers license (or equivalent) and access to a reliable vehicle
- Applicant must currently be underemployed (unemployed, working part-time, or working below level of education).
This is due to funding requirements.
- Applicant must confirm eligibility with our funding partner as a condition of employment.
Salary and Benefits
Ameliorate Laboratories offers a competitive wage package and allowances for qualifying cell phone and internet
expenses. This posting will be updated to include compensation details within a few days.
Interested candidates should submit, in confidence, their cover letter (including competition number) and resume to
[email protected]. We thank all applicants, however only those selected
for an interview will be contacted.
This position is contingent on funding provided by a third-party partner. We expect to know the result of our
application no later than August 27, 2021. If we receive funding, shortlisted applicants can expect to be notified
promptly thereafter. This position is open until filled. Start date: September 20, 2021. The successful applicant will
be required to confirm eligibility with our funding partner as a condition of employment.
Questions or requests for additional information may be sent to